Saturday, October 24, 2009

What's Your Favorite Genre?

Okay, I admit it, I am not into fantasy or science fiction. My favorite books are historical fiction, or a contemporary story with so much heart that it makes me cry. That being said, the third book on the SUNSHINE STATE YOUNG READERS AWARD PROGRAM is a fantasy called INTO THE WILD by Sarah Beth Durst. THE SSYRA list contains books of every genre and it challenges me to read books that I might not otherwise pick up.

This is from the back of the book:

"Come with Julie as she ventures deep into the Wild on a magical and unforgettable journey to save her family. The fairy-tale world of the Wild is a place full of wicked witches, hungry wolves, and totally cute princes. But when the Wild takes over Julie's town and kidnaps her mom Rapunzel, brother Puss-in-Boots, and her real-life witch of a grandma, Julie must do everything in her power to save them-and herself-before it's too late."

I found a quote from Sarah Beth Durst that said, "Basically, if a story doesn't have a talking cat, I'm not interested." Since my tastes are polar opposite from that, it will be interesting to see what I think about this book.

In the meantime, check out this totally cool article about INTO THE WILD:

No comments:

Post a Comment