Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What's Your Inspiration?

As a writer, I'm always intrigued by where other writers find their inspiration. In the book, WING NUT, MJ Auch writes about the migratory pattern of purple martins. Our protagonist, twelve-year-old Grady Flood, watches for the birds to land in rural Pennsylvania. He helps ready gourds, in which the birds will make their nests.

Searching the acknowledgments, I found out there's a Purple Martin Conservation Association, and a magazine called Purple Martin Update. But, the most intriguing thing I discovered, is that MJ Auch is starting a purple martin colony of her own!

In my recently completed MG novel, the inspiration came from an accident that happened to my sister. She was struck by a car and spent the summer trapped in a body cast.

What's your inspiration? It's one of my favorite questions, and I'd love to know your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment