As a soon to be debut author, I am passionately interested in how to promote my forthcoming book. Fortunately for me, Katie Davis has already been down this path and recorded lots of tips in an easy to read style.
I highlighted text on my Kindle, but also took copious notes. Here is just a sampling of some of Katie's wisdom:
- Buy the domain for your book title, then forward it to your main website. That way anyone who googles your book title, will be sent to your site.
- Katie recommends working with a website designer separate from your website programmer. I'm intrigued by this notion, but need to research it further.
- The book is chocked full of helpful links. One I found especially good is Darcy Pattison's "Tips for Skype Author Visits: Be Prepared."
- Katie advises posting your book trailer on both YouTube and TeacherTube. I had never even heard of TeacherTube before, but Katie says she got more hits to her book trailer from TeacherTube than YouTube.
- When being interviewed, know in advance the top three points you want to make and make them early.
I've read other books on marketing, but this is by far the best of the bunch. I'm collecting promotion tips so I hope you'll share yours in the comments section.