Thursday, September 5, 2013

JESSIE PEARL IS A TRAVELIN' GIRL


My agent, Deborah Warren at East/West Literary will be presenting at SCBWI Alaska's Midnight Sun Conference on September 6th and 7th. As part of her presentation, I was asked for a quote, something that I learned along the way, but wish I had known at the start of my writing journey. Here's the advice I provided:

Not every critique is created equal. Listen to feedback with an open mind. Take notes. Give yourself a couple of days to digest what was offered, but in the end, it's your story. Only make changes that feel right to you.

Deborah will also be using THE BALLAD OF JESSIE PEARL in a workshop as an example of strong first page voice. I am honored that she's showcasing my book.

In other news, I will be traveling to Boston on November 25th and 26th for the ALAN Conference. I will be part of a panel called, Past and Present Southern Voices of YA Literature.

From Alaska to Boston that Jessie Pearl is a travelin' girl!

2 comments:

  1. Jessie Pearl is a traveling' girl.

    Hey, I know the tune!

    Congrats on the travels for you and Jessie Pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Joyce! Let's hope it sells books.

    ReplyDelete